We are excited to introduce a new training package to help your dog become more comfortable with common veterinary exam and treatment procedures. We will teach and strengthen behaviors such as:
- lying down, lying on his side and back
- relaxing on cue
- touching “scary” objects such as thermometers and stethoscopes with his nose for treats
- getting on the scale and sitting or standing to be weighed
Desensitization and counter-conditioning will be used to help your dog less fearful with such things as:
- having his collar reached for and held
- having a leash slipped over his head
- having his mouth, ears, eyes, legs and paws examined
- being gently restrained in a “hug”
- Having his ears examined and treated.
You will learn how to use classical conditioning effectively and read body language accurately so that you can practice at home between sessions. Packages will be 4 weeks long for puppies and 6 weeks long for adults. And of course, we will use your pet’s own specific temperament, behavior, and past experience to tailor each package just for him.
Call us for more information and to set up your dog’s PVV training package soon!