- Read About Our Services
- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Feline Specialty Lodging & Cat Kennels in Fort Collins, CO
Even though many people consider cats to be solitary animals, they can become lonely as well while you are on vacation or away from home. Do more than just leave a bowl of food out for them -- make sure they get the care and attention they deserves by having DOG TALES become their home away from home!
- Multiple level feline kennels for them to stretch their legs
- All glass walls overlooking our indoor pool, giving them sun and visual stimulation
- Quiet room isolated from the sound of barking dogs
- Separate litterbox section to keep bedding and kitty clean
- Keep your cats together if they get along, or separate if they do not
- “Free Roaming Time” where your cat gets out of the kennel to roam and play within the feline ward
- Security of a fully staffed veterinary hospital in case your cat becomes sick and needs medical attention
Additional Feline Lodging Information
Vaccinations: Rabies and FVRCP are required. Current titers will be acceptable in lieu of vaccinations, as well as vaccination exceptions per your Veterinarian.
Feeding: We can feed your cat our Royal Canin diet, or you may bring their own food with you. Food must be in a re-sealable, water-proof container. Ziploc bags, plastic containers, etc. are all accepted. Paper bags or plastic grocery bags are not accepted.
Bedding, Toys, etc.: We will provide a plush bedding for your cat to sleep on, but feel free to bring whatever you feel will make your pet’s stay more comfortable. Remember, some items may become dirty or soiled. Beds should be able to fit in a standard sized washer and dryer.
Litter: Our in-house litter is biodegradable wood pellets. If your cat prefers a certain type of litter, feel free to bring that with you to prevent inappropriate eliminations.
Medications: We can medicate your pet if needed. Prescription medications must be in the original package or bottle and have the prescription label showing the proper dosage and frequency of administration. There is a $3 per day fee for medicating your pet. Ziploc bags of prescription medication, pre-filled pill pockets or prescription medication mixed in with food will not be accepted. We will use pill pockets if provided by you or purchased here at the hospital.
Additional Feline Services
Special Attention Time: 20 minutes of whatever your cat desires: playing, snuggling, etc.!
Grooming: Performed by our veterinary team on request. 10% off for cats lodging with us.
After Hours Drop Off and Pick Up
After hours (and on Sundays), you must drop off or pick up your cat at the Dog Tales door at the back of the building between the hours of 7:30-8:30 AM or PM. Ring the doorbell and we will be with you as soon as we can.